Cajun Seafood “Whole Shabang” Dancing Crab/Kicking Crab
Have you ever heard of a restaurant called “Dancing Club”? It’s a seafood restaurant where you eat seafood with your hands and put it all over the table. It’s a seafood dish that you eat with your hands. I know, right? But there are many restaurants in the U.S. that serve this style of food. Dancing clubs, boiling clubs, kicking clubs…lots of them. It’s a dish originally made with Cajun spices in South America (supposedly), and each house has a different taste.
I wasn’t a big fan of this dish, but after researching the recipe myself, I became a big fan. Most importantly… it goes great with rice! I see on social media that they put mysterious paper crumbles on it at the Dancing Club restaurant, but you don’t have to do that, you can make it at home and eat it.
You don’t have to do that, you can make it at home and eat it. Please try my version of Dancing Crab, “Cajun Seafood”, which is approved by Americans.
Cajun Seafood “Whole Sha bang” Kicking/Dancing Seafood
Shrimp (with shells) 5-8 shrimp per person
Approxsimately 3 sausages per person
1 corn per person
Try it with any other seafood you like, like crab or scallops!
1 garlic clove
1 tablespoon oregano
1 teaspoon lemon pepper
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon Cajun spice
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Old Bay (a spice sold in the US. You can get it at imported food stores, etc.) 2 tbsp.
1 teaspoon sage
- Do not shell the shrimp, just remove the back of the shrimp and cover with sake and lemon juice. If you are using crabs, do the same.
- Cut the sausage and corn into pieces that are easy to eat. Since they are basically eaten with your hands, they do not need to be bite-sized.
- Combine oregano and the following spices and mix well. Peel and mince the garlic.
- Steam seafood such as shrimp or crab in a pot. Add about 100 ml of water or white wine. Do not discard the liquid from the ingredients as it will be used at the end.
- In a separate pan, brown the vegetables and meat. When the butter is melted, add the spices and mix well. Add the seafood from the pan and mix well. If the seafood does not fit in the frying pan, it can be mixed in the pan, or you can put the meat and vegetables on a plate first, then put the seafood in the pan and mix it with the spices. Rice is recommended as a garnish.
- Have you ever heard of a restaurant called “Dancing Club” where the food is spread out directly on the table instead of on a plate? There are many similar restaurants in the US. This recipe is a combination of spices that I came up with so that you can enjoy it at home. Personally, I think it tastes best when served with hard-cooked rice, just like in a restaurant.